Measure 1.2: Cross- Cross-border initiatives targeting the exchange of people and ideas to enhance the professional and civic society cooperation.
Project Title: Fostering economic development through enhancing information technology and institutional capacity building of local governments
|Project Value||EU Contribution|
|Republic of Serbia||€ 32,102.37||€ 27,102.37|
|Montenegro||€ 49,070.00||€ 41,270.00|
|TOTAL||€ 81,172.37||€ 68,372.37|
Beneficiary of funds in the Republic of Serbia: NGO Forum of civil action FORCA, Pozega
Beneficiary of funds in Montenegro: NGO Educo Centre, Podgorica
Area of implementation:
• Montenegro: Andrijevica, Kolašin
• Serbia: Arilje, Požega
The target groups of the project:
• Fifty beneficiaries from local governments and public companies trained on computer skills according to the European Computer Driving Licence- ECDL standards from Andrijevica, Požega, Kolašin and Arilje;
• Fifteen participants from public, private and NGO sector from each cross border region, trained in the field of project proposal writing, local economic development and fundraising.
Project duration: 16/11/2010 – 16/11/2011
Lack of the capacities within units of local self-governments in Montenegro and Serbia to support development projects, and to establish more extensive cooperation with national governments and donor institutions on the road towards EU accession directly affects conditions for sustainable and inclusive growth. Through this project partners from Serbia and Montenegro contributed to the solving of mentioned problem. The Action contributed to the fulfilment of the overall objective, ”To enhance social and economic cohesion”, through joint actions that improved physical, business, social, and institutional infrastructure and by increasing skills of local government employees on IT technology in accordance with ECDL standards.
Project objectives: The overall objective of the action is to improve social and economic cohesion of municipalities of Andrijevica and Kolašin in Montengro and Arilje and Požega in Serbia and social and institutional infrastructure and capacity.
The specific objectives of the project are:
1) To improve skills and knowledge of the local government employees in IT technology field in accordance with ECDL standards in order to provide efficient services to citizens, improve management skills, reduce administrative costs and reduce business barriers,
b) To improve institutional capacities of local government with aim to coordinate donor and investment opportunities and implement actions in a more proficient manner.
Activities and results of the project:
Following results were achieved by project completion:
• Two qualified persons from accredited test centres from Serbia and two persons from Montenegro provided training to ten persons from each side from eligible area in order to be capable to perform ECDL trainings to employees of local government and public enterprises in cross border region;
• Twenty trainers in a defined eligible area certificated from JISA accredited institution to provide certificates for ECDL in the Republic of Serbia and Montenegro;
• Four training centres included for training of the target group during the project implementation and grounds provided for further activities in the municipality;
• Fifty local government employees from Andrijevica, Požega, Kolašin and Arilje municipality will raise capacities regarding necessary IT technology skills and increased productivity at work by 30% in period of one year;
• Improved institutional capacities of local governments in a defined cross border region enabled structured donor coordination activities and provided grounds for further foreign investments in the region;
• Enabled faster realization of strategic goals on the national and local strategic level and positively affect reforms in IT sector.
During the implementation of the project following activities were realised:
1. Promotion and implementation of ECDL as a unique information standard in a defined cross border region,
2. Training of trainers,
3. Issuing Certificates of 20 trainers in a defined eligible area,
4. Establish the training centres in Andrijevica, Požega, Kolašin and Arilje,
5. Training of the 50 local government employees on four ECDL modules,
6. Media Campaign,
7. Joint Cross border institutional development economic forum,
8. Methodology defined (a guide book and web page).