Set up and organization
In line with Article 79 of the Framework Agreements, a Joint Technical Secretariat is esablished for the Cross-border Cooperation Programme Serbia-Montenegro 2014-2020, with the main office located in Prijepolje, the Republic of Serbia (Address: St Zore Tomašević street 5, Prijepolje), with an Antenna Office in Bijelo Polje, Montenegro (Address: Živka Žižića street, Old trade centre,Bijelo Polje). Its role shall be to support the Joint Monitoring Committee and both Operating Structures, particularly with regard to ensuring a truly cross-border approach vis-a-vis potential applicants, beneficiaries and operations selected for funding under the Programme.
Organisation and staffing of the joint technical secretariat
The JTS is composed of staff appointed by both Operating Structures. The number and qualification of staff correspond to the tasks defined below. Staff of the JTS should cover the relevant languages – Montenegrin/Serbian and English.
The operation of the JTS, including staffing costs, is funded from the Technical Assistance Priority Axis. More detailed rules on the operation of the JTS are included in a bilateral agreement between the Operating Structures.
Its activities will be carried out according to a work plan annually approved by the JMC.
Tasks of the JTS
Duties of the Joint Technical Secretariat are outlined in Article 79(6) of the Framework Agreements, and include:
- supporting potential applicants and beneficiaries,
- monitoring operations selected,
- gathering reliable data at operation level and aggregating it at programme level,
- providing input to the Operating Structures as appropriate and necessary (for example, in relation to the Annual and Final Implementation Reports due for the Programme),
- organise meetings of the JMC, including draft and distribute minutes;
- assist potential applicants in partner search and project development,
- organising information days and workshops;
- develop and maintain a network of stakeholders;
- advise grant beneficiaries in project implementation;
- support the work of the evaluation committees;
- prepare, conduct and report on monitoring visits to cross-border cooperation operations;
- prepare JTS Work Plan;
- prepare a communication and visibility plan;
- establish a system for gathering reliable information on the cross-border cooperation programme implementation;
- provide inputs to annual and final implementation reports;
- plan and implement information campaigns and other activities related to raising public awareness on the cross-border cooperation programme including the publication of publicity material on the cross-border programme and maintenance of the cross-border cooperation programme website;
- implement relevant decisions of the JMC.
In addition, through support and monitoring of operations Joint Technical Secretariat shall provide relevant information to Contracting Authority indicating necessity for potential corrective measures with regards to the operation itself in line with its duties.
Joint Technical Secretariat Prijepolje
Zore Tomašević street no 5
31300 Prijepolje, R.Serbia
+381 33 711 705
Živka Žižića street Nn
Old trade centre
84000 Bijelo Polje, Montenegro